Thursday, September 11, 2014


2 Samuel: 

 2He said:
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
3my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
from violent people you save me




I sit here this morning with a heavy heart, thinking back to the dreadful day.   9/11/01.   I remember it as though it was yesterday.   While I don't know anyone personally that was a victim of tragic day, my heart still breaks.  I think about those that were supposed to be heading to work that morning and for some reason got delayed or didn't go.  I think about those that weren't supposed to be there that day, but for some reason or another were.  I think about those survivors.  I think about those that lost their lives.  I think about families and how those events must affect their families.


I believe that there also has to be some good that came out of that day.  What that good is, I'm not sure.  Maybe it's a father who realized that spending time at their child's baseball game, dance recital, or band concert was more important than the after work drinks with clients.   Maybe it was a mother who realized that sitting around a kitchen table for dinner was more important that the long office hours she had been putting in.  Maybe it was the daughter, son, friend that decided to take a moment out of the day to call someone on their heart, "just because".

  Forgiveness..... love....trust....faithfulness.....loyalty......kindness......   These are things that I think about today.


I pray for everyone affected by 9/11 either directly or indirectly.  Let us never forget.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment